If You Don't Have Time to Read, You Don't Have the Time OR THE TOOLS to Write (After the Research . . . )

I've added an important extension to Stephen King's quote. It is officially the tried and true quote.
My research paper was about YouTube. I titled it "YouTube: The New Media for News Media" and grew very fond of it. I showed it to as many people as I could and I am sure I will continue to show it to more people. I loved this paper because it had a purpose: I wanted to publish it. Even now that I've turned it in, I know it is not my final draft because I still want to publish it.
My passion for journalism motivated me to write the paper, but my determination to contribute to the field in some way became my discipline. This is way I am a volunteer research assistant to a journalism professor on campus. I don't have to be. I certainly don't have the time to be. But I'd like to make a contribution to this cause that I love so dearly.
Refworks was a huge help. Never have I been so organized before. It was also divine that I learned about it weeks before the professor I do research with asked me to complete a big project using the site. I will keep Refworks at the top of my toolbox of writing.

My desk

I want to be just as excited for this next paper as I was for my research project. I want every assignment in school to have a purpose for me. The next project is a brochure on Harry Potter, that I cannot wait to reveal. I do not know where it will end up yet, but I know that if I have a purpose before I write, I will become more excited to complete it.

Comments

  1. All of your blogs catch my attention. I love that you take time on your projects, it definitely shows.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What Scary Movies Taught Me

Five Broken Cameras

Mourn with Those that Mourn